The Good Stuff
Case Study: Los Angeles International Airport Takes the Wi-Fi Experience for Passengers to New Heights with Boingo
- Case Study
- 3 min read
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT | LOS ANGELES, CA
Named the “Most Innovative Airport (large hub)” by the American Association of Airport Executives, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is one of the busiest airports in America.
Passengers rely on mobile devices for everything from flight check-ins and entertainment to work-related communications. Whether traveling for business or leisure, reliable and easily accessible wireless networks are required to deliver streamlined digital experiences and meet overall passenger satisfaction. LAX desired:
- Fast, free Wi-Fi that’s easy to connect to
- Seamless and secure network
- High network capacity to accommodate increasing passenger connectivity demands
Boingo designed and manages an advanced Passpoint technology to meet capacity, reliability and security demands.
- Passpoint is a Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) technology that automatically connects travelers to Wi-Fi with no log-in or passwords required, much like the Wi-Fi experience at home
- Over-the-air transmissions are encrypted using next generation Passpoint security technology
- Passpoint’s end-to-end authentication protocols filter out unauthorized users and mobile devices, and protect authenticated mobile devices from connecting to rogue—and potentially unsafe hotspots
- Boingo Wi-Fi offers complete mobile coverage throughout terminals
- Free Wi-Fi sessions sponsored by Boingo Media advertisers
- Top Wi-Fi speeds support streaming, sharing and working on the go
- 24/7 network monitoring and customer care with on-demand data and analytics
LAX was named a top airport for fast Wi-Fi with speeds of 100 Mpbs and higher. The advanced network with Passpoint technology helps the airport improve the passenger experience and streamline operations.